What do we really know about the Muslim religion?
Is so called Islamic terrorism a real threat?
How can Rumi, a Muslim, be America’s favorite poet?
How can we gain clarity in the midst of fear and prejudice?
Tune in to World Spirituality’s six-week series on Islam and its impact in today’s world. Host Paul John Roach will interview professors, broadcasters, writers, and people trying to make sense of a complex world. Themes include: terrorism, the nature of ISIS, Sufi poetry, pluralism within Islam, and the problem of prejudice and discrimination.
- January 26, 2016 – Prejudice and Discrimination–Why? A discussion on the divisions in our country and our world with Paul and his wife Wendy.
- February 2, 2016 – The Nature of ISIS – With Associate Professor of Islamic and Religious Studies at Texas Christian University Dr. Yushau Sodiq.
- February 9, 2016 – The World of Islam – With Professor, singer, songwriter, and blogger Peter Bolland.
- February 16, 2016 – The Gift of Sufi Poetry – With author and broadcaster Maggy Whitehouse.
- February 23, 2016 – Modern Day Terrorism – With Dr. Mark Dennis, Professor of East Asian Religions at Texas Christian University.
- March 1, 2016 – A listeners’ discussion of what we have learned about the impact of Islam in today’s world.
This poem was written on December 9th 2015 in response to a newspaper article I read saying that the Glastonbury myths have been exposed and proved false. These myths include the legend of Joseph of Arimathea bringing the cup of the last supper to Glastonbury; the story that Glastonbury is Avalon and that King Arthur
Secular Meditation 32 Practices for Cultivating Inner Peace, Compassion, and Joy with author and leader of the Harvard Humanist Mindfulness group Rick Heller.
Liberating Jesus: Finding the true meaning of the Gospels with author and attorney Roberta Grimes.
On this White Stone Sunday we examine the significance of Revelation 2:12-17 and its call to remember our divinity and align with Spirit.
On this Burning Bowl Sunday we examine the invitation to release, let go and expand into a greater more generous life.
We immerse ourselves in the glow of the new birth reflecting on the nature of light and how it shines in the darkness of fear and ego.