Our planet is becoming a global village, yet enormous differences remain in culture and spiritual tradition—differences that lead to misunderstanding, hatred and war.
Listen in, Tuesdays at 1:00: World Spirituality on Unity.fm
Join the discussion on Facebook
In World Spirituality, exploring the unity within all cultures and faith traditions, Paul John Roach a lifelong student and practitioner of many world spiritual teachings, guides us through the variety and differences, to the unity and common values shared by all the great religions. Come journey planet earth’s spiritual landscape with insight, humor and practical advice for a safe yet adventurous trip.
Have you ever been confused by the variety and apparent contradiction within world religions?
“God is formless but takes many forms.”
“What goes around comes around.”
“Chant the names of the Lord and be free.”
“No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Join Paul John Roach each Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 pm for insight into those principles held in common by all the great religious traditions in World Spirituality—exploring the unity within all cultures and faith traditions.
Guest speakers have included:
Sam Keen, Bernie Siegel, James O’Dea, Andrew Harvey, Steve Bhaerman, Ellen Grace O’Brian, Roy Eugene Davis, Joan Gattuso, Peter Bolland, Karen Maezen Miller, Joan Borysenko, Matthew Fox, and many more!
RECENT WORLD SPIRITUALITY Shows:
- August 15, 2017 – On the Road with Paul & Wendy – Week 4 – Clannish Stones
- August 8, 2017 – On the Road with Paul & Wendy – Week 3 – Isle of Lewis with special guest John Angus Morrison
- August 2, 2017 – On the Road with Paul & Wendy – Week 2 – Poolewe in the Western Scottish Highlands
- July 25, 2017 – On the Road with Paul & Wendy – Week 1 – Ochil Hills Scotland
- July 18, 2017 – Reclaiming Your Body – Healing from trauma and awakening to your body’s wisdom with author Suzanne Scurlock Durana.
- July 11, 2017 – Soul Whispering – The art of awakening shamanic consciousness with authors Linda Star Wolf and Nita Gage
- July 4, 2017 – Inside the Miracle – Enduring illness, approaching wholeness, with author Mark Nepo.
- June 27, 2017 – The Teacher Appears – 108 Prompts to Power Your Yoga Practice with author Brian Leaf.
- June 20, 2017 – Listening to Ayahuasca – New Hope for Depression Addiction, PTSD, and Anxiety with author Rachel Harris, PhD
- June 13, 2017 – Words at the Threshold – What we say as we’re nearing death with author Lisa Smartt.
- June 6, 2017 – The Little Book of Wisdom – with don Miguel Ruiz, Jr., author, teacher, and son of don Miguel, Ruiz.
- May 30, 2017 – My Good Friend The Rattlesnake – With don Jose Ruiz, author, teacher, and son of don Miguel Ruiz.
- May 24, 2017 – A discussion of Martin Scorsese’s new movie, Silence with Mark Dennis and Darren Middleton.
- May 16, 2017 – The (not so) Little Book of Surprises – Words and photographs from the mystical vision and poetry of Deirdre Hade, Endre Balogh, and William Arntz.
- May 9, 2017 – The Fool’s Path to Enlightenment – Exploring the tarot and how to know in the Silence of our souls with author Jim Larsen.
- May 2, 2017 – Dark Matters – Discovering wholeness in the shadows with Unity minister and author Lauri Boyd.
- April 25, 2017 (replay) – An Hour with Father Richard Rohr – Talking about his new book The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation
- April 18, 2017 – Where Spirituality and Politics Collide – with author, professor, blogger and singer/songwriter Peter Bolland and Unity minister Paul Tenaglia.
- April 11, 2017 – The Shamanic Power of Rolling Thunder – The celebrated and controversial Native American medicine man with author and professor Stanley Krippner.
- April 4, 2017 – Richard Anderson – Coach, teacher, and author talks about Unity and non-dual awareness in his native country in UK.
- March 28, 2017 – A Hour with Neal Vahle – Unity historian, college professor, author and editor, Neal will talk about his book The Spiritual Journey of Charles Fillmore – Discovering the Power Within.
- March 21, 2017 – Living the Paradox – Of time and eternity, finite and infinite, gradual and immediate with Paul and his wife Wendy Roach.
- March 14, 2017 – Falling for the Stars – A stunt gal’s tattle tales with stuntwoman, actor, drama teacher and healer Lisa Loving Dalton.
February 28, 2017 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey – This week Rev. Charline Manuel
- February 21, 2017 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey – This week Rev. Mark Fuss
- February 14, 2017 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey – This week Rev. Phil Pierson
- February 7, 2017 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey – This week Rev. Patricia Bass
- January 31, 2017 – Fully Engaged – Using the Practicing Mind in Daily Life with author Thomas M. Sterner
- January 17, 2017 – Start Right Where You Are – How little changes can make a big difference with author Sam Bennett.
- January 03, 2017 – Earth Gospel – An exploration of author and professor Sam Hamilton-Poore’s illuminating pray book of eco-inspiration.
- December 27, 2016 (Encore Presentation) – An Interview with Maggy Whitehouse – Broadcaster, author, comedian, and scholar Maggy Whitehouse talks with me about birthing the Christ.
- December 20, 2016 – Enlightenment Now: Liberation is your True Nature with teacher, speaker and author Jason Gregory.
- December 13, 2016 – Whispers From the Wild – Listening to voices from the animal kingdom, with author and animal communicator Amelia Kinkade.
- December 6, 2016 – An Hour with Father Richard Rohr – Talking about his new book The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation
- November 29, 2016 – Healthy Mindedness With John D. Dunne the Distinguished Chair in Contemplative Humanities through the Center for Healthy Minds at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Dunne combines Buddhism and neuroscience to help us lead more mindful lives.
- November 22, 2016 – Secrets of the Adepts The wisdom of ancient Egyptian spirituality with author and speaker James Phillips.
- November 15, 2016 – The Disappearance of the Universe I talk with best selling author and lecturer Gary Renard.
- November 8, 2016 – “Staying Centered on Election Day Ways to stay calm and loving on momentous days” with Paul and his wife Wendy.
- November 1, 2016 – Accepting Unconditional Love with psychotherapist and author Ruth Cherry, PhD.
- October 25, 2016 – The Power of Forgiveness with author Emily J. Hooks. Discover wholeness and self-love with a comprehensive process for healing.
- October 18, 2016 – Drowning in the Light Memories of the new age with author, artist and innovator in digital media I.J. Rosen.
- October 11, 2016 – The Abandonment Recovery Workbook Guidance through the five stages of healing from abandonment, heartbreak, and loss with author Susan Anderson.
- October 4, 2016 – Native American Spirituality – With elder and wiseman Dee Wineman.
- September 27, 2016 – Dropping the Struggle: Seven Ways to Love the Life You Have – An interview with Roger Housden about his latest book on releasing anxiety and stress.
- September 20, 2016 – The Tao Te Ching – A walk through of this amazing Chinese text of wisdom and practicality.
- September, 13, 2016 – Unity and A Course in Miracles. I interview author, teacher and radio host Paul Hasselbeck to talk about his latest book comparing Unity with the Course in Miracles teachings.
- September 6, 2016 – Shiva/Shakti – Exploring the integration of male and female energies based on the Hindu Gods Shiva and Parvati or Shakti with Paul John Roach.
- August 30, 2016 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey 5 – Rev. Paul John Roach’s wife Wendy interviews him about the spiritual teachings that have influenced him.
- August 23, 2016 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey 4 – Rev. Marj Britt shares her eclectic spiritual inspirations and practices.
- August 16, 2016 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey 3 – Rev. Scott Schell shares his joint journey with Unity and the Ridhwan School.
- August 9, 2016 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey 2 – Rev. Robert Brumet talks about his commitment to the Buddhist practice of Vipassana.
- August 2, 2016 – Unity Ministers Share Their Spiritual Journey 1 – Rev. Howard Caesar talks about his experience with the Oneness Blessing and with John of God.
- July 19, 2016 – Religion and Violence – Part two of a three-part series on how violence and religion are so intimately connected through both terror and war with Rev. Jim Gaither.
- July 12, 2016 – Religion and Violence – Part one of a three-part series on how violence and religion are so intimately connected through both terror and war, with peace activist Len Ellis
- July 5, 2016 – Reduced to Joy – With best-selling author Mark Nepo. Poems for transformation and awakening.
- June 28, 2016 – The Mystic Vision. On Tuesday’s show I shared my thoughts on the mystic path and practical mysticism referencing the works of F.C. Happold and Evelyn Underhill. Find out how mystics can pay the bills.
- June 21, 2016 – A Way to God – Thomas Merton’s Creation Spirituality Journey. An interview with Matthew Fox about his new book on the great Catholic mystic and activist Thomas Merton.
- June 14, 2016 – The Spirituality of England – Ancient and Modern. Paul and his wife Wendy share their thoughts on the spirituality of the English people and landscape based on their latest trip to the UK.
- June 7, 2016 – Your Inner GPS – Follow your internal guidance to Optimal Health, Happiness, and Satisfaction with Zen Cryar DeBrucke.
- May 31, 2016 – (Encore Presentation from December 27, 2011) – “Atheism” – With Peter Bolland, author, professor, and songwriter. What is atheism and how is it a meaningful approach in a religion obsessed world?
- May 24, 2016 – (Encore Presentation from June 11, 2013) – “Earth Gospel” – An exploration of author and professor Sam Hamilton-Poore’s illuminating prayer book of eco-inspiration
- May 17, 2016 – The Activitist’s Tao Te Ching – Ancient advice for a modern revolution with author William Martin.
- May 10, 2016 – On the Verge Wake up, Show up, and Shine with Cora Bradley. Ways to tap your personal power and thrive.
- May 3, 2016 – Peace in Uncertainty – Host Paul John Roach talks about the current state of the world and how to live serenely amid the apparent strain and stress.
- April 26, 2016 – Spirituality of the Beatles with counselor, minister, lecturer, and author Phil Goldberg.
- April 19, 2016 – Seeking Jordan – How I learned the truth about death and the invisible universe with psychologist, professor and author Matthew McKay.
- April 12, 2016 – Happily Ever After And 39 Other Myths About Love with authors Linda and Charlie Bloom.
- April 5, 2016 – Clearing Emotional Clutter – Mindfulness Practices for letting go of what’s blocking your fulfillment and transformation with author Donald Altman.
- March 29, 2016 – An Hour with an Elder Empress of the Rastafari Faith – Journalist, Jamaican senator, and personal friend of Bob Marley, Barbara Makeda Blake Hannah joins me to share about her remarkable life.
- March 22, 2016 – Lifestream – The insights of a past life regression therapist Dr. Shelley Kaehr.
- March 15, 2016 – Don’t Be A Jerk…and other practical advice from Dogen, Japan’s greatest Zen Master with Brad Warner, author, zen priest, filmmaker and punk bassist.
- March 8, 2016 – The World Peace Diet with author, activist, Buddhist priest and musician Dr. Will Tuttle.
- March 1, 2016 – Investigating Islam – Episode 6 of 6 – A listeners’ discussion of what we have learned about the impact of Islam in today’s world.
- February 23, 2016 – Modern Day Terrorism – With Dr. Mark Dennis, Professor of East Asian Religions at Texas Christian University.
- February 16, 2016 – The Gift of Sufi Poetry – With author and broadcaster Maggy Whitehouse.
- February 9, 2016 – The World of Islam – With Professor, singer, songwriter, and blogger Peter Bolland.
- February 2, 2016 – The Nature of ISIS – With Associate Professor of Islamic and Religious Studies at Texas Christian University Dr. Yushau Sodiq.
- January 26, 2016 – Prejudice and Discrimination–Why? A discussion on the divisions in our country and our world with Paul and his wife Wendy.
- January 19, 2016 – Secular Meditation 32 Practices for Cultivating Inner Peace, Compassion, and Joy with author and leader of the Harvard Humanist Mindfulness group Rick Heller.
- January 12, 2016 – Liberating Jesus Finding the true meaning of the Gospels with author and attorney Roberta Grimes.
- January 5, 2016 (Encore Presentation from September 9, 2014) – Paradise in Plain Sight With Karen Maezen Miller.
Visit World Spirituality on Unity.fm for more shows in the archive dating back to Jan. 2008!