Paul John Roach has had the honor and pleasure of serving as Senior Minister of Unity Fort Worth for over 25 years. Unity of Fort Worth is centered in the Truth that God, the one presence and one power in the universe, loves us and dwells in everyone and everything as absolute good. All our activities, teachings, worship, celebrations and service reflect this understanding.
Centered in the teachings of Jesus Christ, Unity honors all spiritual traditions and is open to exploring teachings and practices that can broaden and deepen our own Christian experience and understanding.
Unity of Fort Worth is part of the worldwide, trans-denominational Unity movement that is over 100 years old; visit www.unity.org to learn more. Unity’s prayer ministry, Silent Unity, offers continuous help and is one of the largest of its kind in the world. Unity also publishes the well-known monthly devotional magazine Daily Word. Unity of Fort Worth’s website is at unityfortworth.org and also check out their active Facebook community.
Unity’s Teachings and Key Principles
Put simply, there are five essential Unity Principles that form the essence of our belief and way of life.
- God is absolute Good, everywhere present.
- Human beings have divinity within them, the Christ Spirit. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
- Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- Prayer is the creative thinking that heightens one’s awareness with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.